Saturday, January 1, 2011

I'd rather laugh with the sinners then cry with the saints.

New Year's Eve 2010 was sick. The weather was super warm in Portland and the whole city seemed to be in a good mood. I knew it was gonna be a fun night when I stepped outside my apartment at 9pm and some dude was puking on the street corner. Hell yeah! My first stop was Dave Green's pad on State Street. As I was walking up, dude's we're battle freestyle rapping and somebody was driving a car on the sidewalk! Haha, so I get up to the door and twenty skateboarders are hanging out drinking on the stoop! I was fuckin stoked to see everybody. Dave had thrown an impromptu video premier for Jimmy Collins' new flick, "Maine & Simple", which is a damn good vid.
So we head inside to get more beverages. This is Jimmy and P-One chillin.

Here is Garrett Brooks, Sam McKenna and Dave Labbe kickin back.

Dave Green was making friends with the "Grandpa's Whisky".

And so was his girlfriend Jessie. They each took multiple chugs off this bottle and seemed stone sober. And then later hungout at the bar all night. They got some stamina.

I have never seen 6 pack holders used in this manner. How rad is this? I had to take a picture of it because it rules!

This is Max Fenwick and Alex Winslow kickin it in Amigo's. We had a huge crew there all night and it was a blast. So many ridiculous situations. At one point some girl starting talking to me in some weird code and then spelled the words on my chest with her finger and then kissed me on the cheek. She then kept repeating, "I can't help you". What do you even do in such a situation? Anyway, hope you all had a fun and safe New Year's Eve as well!

1 comment:

  1. damn man I wish I had a whip and could make it to Portland more I miss hanging out with everyone. Your blog always gets me all bummed out Mike cuz I know I should be there kickin it with the homies - Travis

    ReplyDelete