Sunday, December 12, 2010

Saturday 12.11.10

 This is in Boston on my way to El's house. The license plate reads "MDMXFAN" which I assume stands for "Mad Max Fan". It's not everyday you see someone so stoked on "Mad Max" that they get a license plate of it. I thought it was bogus though. I mean, how can you rock that license plate on any car other than what "Mad Max" drove? I think he drove a Chevy Nova or some shit but it was definitely not a BMW.
 We went to this crazy fuckin double set in Cambridge. This is Desimas shreddin it.
 Desimas and Jimmy Lake.
 Nick Swanson got down on this thing, too. Swanson fuckin shreds! I think he is one of the very few people who could wear a bandana while skating and not look foolish or get called out on it. He doesn't wear bandana's, I'm just saying he is so gnarly that he could rock something completely taboo in skating and get away with it. Other notable exceptions include Stu Graham, my cousin Kyle Whalon and the entire original "Menace" skate team.
My cousin Kyle once showed up at the Bath skatepark with a bloody head wound from getting in a fight the night before and getting hit with a field hockey stick. He hit the other dude with a monkey wrench and also had a gnarly bite mark on his chest from when he had the dude in a headlock. Anyway, since his head was still bloody he had to duct tape paper towels to his head as a bandage to skate. Cousin Kyle is GNARLY!
 Chris Fiftal took this photo of me manning the 7D. I have no idea how that shit works, I just pushed the start/stop button.
 When I got home I went to "Empire" because some of my friends were there. This a PBR road sign on the side of the urinal. I have never seen a PBR road sign before so I took a picture of it.
 This is the "Mallett Brothers Band" playing at "Empire". They were really good. That dude on the right in the blue playing the lap steel guitar is was wearing cargo sweatpants. That's some ghetto hick shit if I've ever scene it. Lap Steel Guitar and cargo sweatpants. Only in Portland...
 I left "Empire" after a beer because a bunch of my friends were at Amigo's. NYC has its "Max Fish" and Portland has its "Amigo's". On any given night you can find a big chunk of the Portland skate scene kicking back PBR's here. This is Dave Green and his lady Jessie. Dave fuckin shreds! One day last summer he chugged a bunch of whiskey and then did a kickflip wall ride on that bank to wall under the overpass. Doing anything and involving whisky makes shit so much cooler. Like, "Yo, homie chugged like 8 shots of whisky and cooked the ILLEST Shepard's Pie!". Sounds sicker than just saying, "I cooked Shepard's Pie", right?
 This is Alex Winslow. He has the best best switch kickflips ever.
 This is Reeses . Another Maine ripper!
Here is Dave Labbe. He was in THRASHER this month! Check this shit out!

THRASHER

No comments:

Post a Comment