Monday, December 12, 2011

12.10.11

This weekend was hella fun. A bunch of my friends from Massachusetts came up to skate and hangout in Portland. We skated a whole bunch but I didn't take any photo's of skating. This post consists mostly of everybody partying.

For me, it's the raddest shit to hangout with all your friends and kick back a swimming pool's worth of beer after skating all day. Saturday night was no exception. We rolled deep in the bar and just partied. It's the best feeling being surrounded by a huge group of your friends and having absolutely no worries on a Saturday night. All the real world shit just slides to the peripheral (bills, jobs, whatever bullshit your dealing with) and it's nothing but good times.

Alright, so to get this train wreck of a post back on track, peep the pics.

I was super hyped that my friend Tim Nichols came up to Portland. He is from Lowell, MA and he is a straight up epic dude. I've been on a lot of road trips with Nichols and he is always the one skating and charging long after everybody else is done. I have seen this guy do some legendary shit on a skateboard and in just life in general. Seeing Portland PD pull a two foot long dagger out of his backpack in the Old Port is just one of the many incredible stories I got about Nichols.

Anyway, about this photo. Nichols and Sean Hernandez both got their boards confiscated skating a spot in Kittery, ME. So, being in a pinch, Nichols had to skate this gem of a board.

I was equally stoked my friend Sean Hernandez made the trip up. He was the first skater I met when I moved to Lowell, MA in 1999. 'Nandez is one of the raddest dudes ever and we have shared many miles on the road. From New york to Philly and everywhere in between, we had some crazy hellrides over the years. This guy has legendary tales as well. He once hauled a bench back from a bar in the Old Port, eight blocks over his shoulder to my apartment on the Hill, for the hell of it. I returned the bench exactly on year later to the day. I can't help but smile when I think of how it must have been the talk of the bar for at least a week. The bench just re-appearing and shit. After he stole the bench the bar used five gallon buckets and two by four's to make a seat.
That story is tame compared to some of the wild shit this dude would do. I just don't wanna post anything incriminating.

This is 'Nandez listening to ABBA and staying warm in the car.

Fast forward a few hours and here we are at Amigo's. I was super stoked my friends Nate Keegan and Garrett Davis came up to shred and drink beers. Nate and Garrett are some of the raddest dudes as well. They both completely kill it on skateboards and can hold it down in the bar like no one's business. Everybody was rowdy as all hell and it made for super fun times.

This is Nate and my homeboy Elliott Vecchia. Elliott decided to stay up in Portland after the rest of the crew from MA bailed and I was so hyped! Elliott fuckin' rules and I was stoked to have him up in Maine kickin back beers and partying.

This is a portion of all the homies kickin' it up in Amigo's on Saturday night. I wish I had a photo of everybody together but I would have needed to clear an entire section of the bar to fit everybody in. Regardless, it was an epic weekend and these are the photo's I have to show for it. Hope you all had a great weekend, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment